USA: Double taxation agreement, Article 25: Non-discrimination
- Nationals of a Contracting State shall not be subjected in the other Contracting State to any taxation or any requirement connected therewith that is more burdensome than the taxation and connected requirements to which nationals of that other State in the same circumstances, particularly with respect to taxation on worldwide income, are or may be subjected.
- The taxation on a permanent establishment that an enterprise of a Contracting State has in the other Contracting State shall not be less favourably levied in that other State than the taxation levied on enterprises of that other State carrying on the same activities.
- Except where the provisions of the second sentence of paragraph 5 of Article 7 (Business Profits), paragraph 1 of Article 9 (Associated Enterprises), paragraph 9 of Article 10 (Dividends), paragraphs 4 and 7 of Article 11 (Interest), paragraphs 4 and 5 of Article 12 (Royalties), or paragraphs 3 and 4 of Article 22 (Other Income) of this Convention apply, interest, royalties, and other disbursements paid by a resident of a Contracting State to a resident of the other Contracting State shall, for the purpose of determining the taxable profits of the first-mentioned resident, be deductible under the same conditions as if they had been paid to a resident of the first-mentioned State.
- Enterprises of a Contracting State, the capital of which is wholly or partly owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by one or more residents of the other Contracting State, shall not be subjected in the first-mentioned State to any taxation or any requirement connected therewith that is more burdensome than the taxation and connected requirements to which other similar enterprises of the first-mentioned State are or may be subjected.
- Nothing in this Article shall be construed as obliging either Contracting State to grant to individuals not resident in that State any of the personal allowances, reliefs and reductions for tax purposes which are granted to individuals so resident or to its nationals.
- Nothing in this Article shall be construed as preventing either Contracting State from imposing a tax as described in paragraph 7 of Article 10 (Dividends) of this Convention.
- The provisions of this Article shall, notwithstanding the provisions of Article 2 (Taxes Covered) of this Convention, also apply to taxes of every kind and description imposed by each Contracting State or by its political sub-divisions or local authorities.