This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Denatured Alcohol: main contents

Distributors/dealers: What if someone holds denatured alcohol on behalf of a distributor?

The person holding the denatured alcohol must be authorised as a user in order to receive denatured alcohol and licensed as a distributor in order to supply denatured alcohol to other authorised users.