RLS: action by Tracing Group: customer traced - new address found
Immediately following a successful trace you should
- arrange for the new address to be updated on our systems
- de suspend the debt on DTR accounts
- lift the missing trader review code on VISION
- save DTR notes from scratchpad to Info log in accordance with DTR best practice guide
- state clearly in DTR notes if a new address is not a PPOB and confirm any contact with the representative in writing to the new address
- transfer the case to the appropriate DMU by changing the RFI on DTR.
The following exceptions apply
- where a case is the subject of insolvency action (where a VAT 769 has been raised) Tracing Group will refer the case to the Insolvency Unit
- where the case requires MARD action. If it is to obtain information Tracing Group will refer the case to the MARD unit. If it is for debt pursuit Tracing Group will transfer the case to the DMU for issue of demand letters
- where the liability exceeds £100k Tracing Group will refer the case to the Large Debt Unit (contained in the High Risk and Complex Debt Unit at Northampton).
- (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)