RLS: direct taxes procedures: Tax Credits - sole applications / joint applications where both RLS
Before passing a case to DMB Tracing Group for specialised trace action DMO staff should ensure that the following initial address trace actions are undertaken.
Initial address trace
- check the IDMS record for a useable address (Business, Recovery and so on)
- check Taxpayers Business Service (TBS) for an alternative address
- telephone any available telephone numbers noted on IDMS, TBS and NTC systems
- in joint applicant cases, telephone the other claimant to obtain a new address and/or any relevant information
- telephone any agent noted as acting.
New address not traced
Where a new address has not been traced
- set the RLS signal on both TBS and IDMS.
- record an Action History note on IDMS detailing any relevant information obtained
- check IDMS to ensure that all addresses are noted as RLS and that case appears on the C/W RLS role. Note: The exception to this is where the case already appears on an IDMS enforcement role. In these circumstances the case should be transferred to Tracing Group under the enforcement role
transfer the case to Tracing Group as follows
- ensure no work items are highlighted on IDMS
- click on the Lorry
- enter the destination office numeral 397025 (Cumbernauld)
- select the radio button [T/P/HH & all worklist items](second one down)
- click on OK.