Ordinary Cause: Sending the initial writ to court for registration
Before sending the initial writ and so on to the court for registration you must ensure that:
- the case is recorded on the appropriate form C16 record
- the OC proceedings number is recorded on the appropriate computer records
- both the repayment stop signal and the ENFORCEMENT signal have been set
- a recovery proceedings (RP) check has been carried out to confirm that the debt is unpaid (DMBM615040).
You should then prepare for issue to the sheriff clerk:
- form E200
- the accompanying covering letter.
Once these actions have been taken you should then pass the initial writ together with the form E200 and the accompanying covering letter to the appropriate debt management grade or above.
The debt manager grade or above should then arrange for delivery of the appropriate documents to be made to the court by hand, if convenient, or by the DX system or by first class post.