Ordinary Cause: Checking the Initial Writ
Once completed the debt manager (O grade or above) should check the initialwrit thoroughly to ensure that
- the information contained in it is accurate
- all the relevant details about any assessments in the action have been provided
- the sums outlined in the condescendence match exactly the amounts for which decree is being sought as laid out in the crave (DMBM680090)
- the amounts shown in words and figures agree
- all liabilities for which proceedings are appropriate have been included in the initial writ.