Summary Proceedings (Sc): Taking a Small Claim action
At each stage of the proceedings you must
- ensure that the debt remains unpaid and that
- the action taken is recorded on all the appropriate records.
To start to pursue an action you need to
- prepare a summons (form1) and a service document for the defender (form 1b) (DMBM677430)
- send the form 1/1b to the court for registration (DMBM675420)
- arrange for the service document to be delivered to the defender (DMBM677530)
- return the summons (form 1) and/or the certificate of execution of service to the court
- lodge (court) form 11 with the court
- attend the court if necessary (DMBM677260)
- obtain an extract decree (DMBM675960)
Where the action is successful
- instruct the sheriff officer as to how to enforce the decree that you have obtained for your debt (DMBM677930).