Summary proceedings (Sc): Full or part payment by cash, debit card or certified cheque on the calling date
Payment of claim in full on calling date
Either immediately before or at the hearing on the calling date, if the defender pays the claim in full (either including or excluding the costs) you should
- issue receipts as necessary and
- advise the court that the case is withdrawn following payment.
Defender refuses to pay costs
Where the defender refuses to pay the costs in this situation
- do not ask the court for decree for costs alone.
(This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
- (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
Part payment on calling date
Where the defender pays only part of the claim by cash, by debit card or certified cheque (DMBM675100) you should
- accept the payment on account of your claim and
- ask the court to grant decree for the balance of the claim plus outlays.(DMBM675100)