Summary warrant: Costs - how and what to pay
Where you agree the costs claimed by the sheriff officer are correctly due you must paythe sheriff officer those sums.
Either on or about the last day of each month (apart from March when it should be the lastworking day of the month and October when it should be the second last Friday of theAccount), using the invoices tendered by the sheriff officer, the debt manager must
- arrange for forms 17A (or equivalent) to be prepared in duplicate showing details of the costs payable to each sheriff officer and also
- arrange for a statement to be prepared in triplicate showing the amounts to be paid as detailed in the forms C17A and then
- pass the copies of the statement, both copies of the forms 17A together with the sheriff officer invoices, to the higher debt manager.
Action by higher debt manager
The higher debt manager will
- sign the statements
- arrange for payment to be made
- send the sheriff officer two copies of the statement at the beginning of the next month. (The sheriff officer will then sign one of the statements and return it to the debt management office as an acknowledgement.)
- return the forms 17A to the debt manager.
Action by debt manager
On receipt of forms 17A from the higher debt manager, the debt managers will use theseform to arrange for the amounts listed to be recorded in column 6 of the Cbook27(Scotland)and for verification of the monthly accounting.