Summary warrant: Obtaining information about the registered keeper of a road registered vehicle
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) holds information about motor vehicles,registrations and licences. Under the provisions of Section 18A of the TMA 1970 HMRC canobtain such information from them, free of charge, using form VQ4 (obtainable from theDVLA).
Information from the DVLA is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 andthe availability to HMRC is made under the provisions of that Act for collection andassessing purposes only. All information requests are subject to an audit.
When completing form VQ4
- leave the Enquirers Code box blank
- enter the name of your office in the Enquirers Name box
- show your case reference in the Enquirers Reference box
- enter at Date of Event the date the vehicle first became known to you or the date of your enquiry
- leave the reason for enquiries Other box blank.