Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Debt Management and Banking Manual

Enforcement action: county court proceedings: judgment summonses: applying for a successive judgment summons

Where the judgment summons was not served in time, you may apply for its re-issue. This is known as ‘applying for the issue of a successive judgment summons’, which you must serve personally.

To do this:

  • make the application in writing to the court manager, with a new address for service if it is different from that shown in the request for the original judgment summons. Note that even though the judgment debtor may have moved outside the district of the court, you may still apply for personal service of a successive judgment summons
  • reattach a copy of the original judgment summons and your original evidence of means, together with any new or updated evidence of means.
  • prepare an imminent proceedings list the day before you make your application
  • carry out an RP check (DMBM615040)
  • note the computer records.

The court will let you know the new hearing date.