Enforcement action: county court proceedings: warrants of execution: reissued warrants
Reissue of warrant
A warrant of execution can be executed at any time within 12 months of issue and may, on application, be extended still further.
If the court returns a warrant endorsed ‘insufficient effects’ and within that time it transpires that
- the judgment debtor does have sufficient goods and
- less than 12 months have elapsed since the date of issue of the warrant
you can ask the court to reissue the warrant.
You must apply in writing, 14 days before the date of expiry, to the court manager for the warrant to be renewed.
If you fail to apply before the warrant expires, you will have to write off the court fee, issue a fresh warrant and pay another fee.
The warrant will retain the original warrant number following reissue.
You cannot request the reissue of a warrant of execution via the interface. Instead
- complete form N445 showing the name of the executing court in the ‘For Court use only box’
- send form N445 to the Bulk Centre via the CCCU under cover of the CCCU-1 stencil
- record the issue of the N445 on RECORD ACTIONS using Action History ‘County Court warrant other’ with a free text note ‘request to CCCU to reissue E/W’
- set next action as Review and
- B/F 42 days.