Summary proceedings: payment received without costs
Payment received before the order
If you receive payment of a debt without the full costs before the order hearing
- allocate it to clear the duty first then
- allocate any balance to the costs
- treat the unpaid costs as a small underpayment
- follow DMBM755010 to remit them.
If you receive payment for costs that were remitted in a closed account under the small remission procedure, follow DMBM760040.
Payment received after the order
If you receive part payment after the court has ordered payment
- allocate it to clear the costs ordered and awarded by the court first, then
- allocate the balance to the outstanding duty.