Enforcement action: distraint: preparing for distraint calls: organising your distraint round
You should organise your distraint work in the most cost-effective way so as to make maximum use of your time.
To enable you to use IDMS to plan your personal call work more effectively, ten new next actions have been added to the drop down list of available next actions in RECORD ACTIONS. The ten new next actions are
- Call Area A
- Call Area B
- Call Area C
- Call Area D
- Call Area E
- Call Area F
- Call Area G
- Call Area H
- Call Area I
- Call Area J.
You can then organise your calls by using each of these next actions to represent geographical locations. You do not have to use all ten areas.
To make use of these new next actions to organise your personal call work
- split your call area into geographical locations, for example postcodes
- allocate Call Area A, Call Area B etc to each of the areas selected. For example Call Area A = BD2, Call Area B = BD3.
For each call, at the preparation stage
- check at which address you wish to make a call
- using Record Actions select the Call Area next action appropriate to the address. For example a call required in BD2 should have a next action of Call Area A
- sort and filter the worklist on the call area next action. You can then take a screen print and use this as your call list.
Using these new next actions changes the next action displayed on the worklist - it does not cause work items to change their process in IDMS or actions to be carried out automatically. For example, if you are in the role of C/W QUANT when you change the next action to a Call Area the item will still be allocated to C/W QUANT and will not have been allocated to C/W PERSONAL CALL.