This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Debt Management and Banking Manual

Enforcement action: distraint: general considerations: goods that need a special licence

An auctioneer needs a special licence to sell

  • firearms and ammunition less than 100 years old
  • gaming machines that provide monetary prizes
  • drugs and patent medicines
  • stuffed animals that are less than 100 years old.

You should confirm that your auctioneer is licensed to sell such goods before you ask the auctioneer to remove them.

Items over 100 years old are classed as antiques, so a special licence is not required.