Debt and return pursuit: miscellaneous charges: National Minimum Wage Penalties (NMWP): SAFE and IDMS
SAFE automatic actions
SAFE will issue a payment reminder PR3 on the later of
- the due date plus 31 days (the due date is 30 days after charge issued date) or
- the charge issued award date plus 31 days
Then 10 days after the payment reminder (PR3) is issued SAFE will:
- send charges (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) to IDMS
- (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
IDMS NMWP reference number
The NMW penalty reference number will be made up as follows:
- District No
- Head of Duty type - P
- Check Character
- Register number - maximum of 6 characters
- ASN - 6 characters as supplied by SAFE
- Instalment No
- Interest indicator - P
- For example 123 PA 123456 200810 07 P
The new work item will be called ‘NMW Penalty from April 2009’.
SAFE supplies IDMS with the Taxpayer Organisational Unit (OU) this will be derived from:
- the postcode or
- if there is an existing IDMS record the OU of that record will be retained as the Taxpayer owner.
IDMS will use the above to allocate the Taxpayer OU and will automatically allocate the NDPU as the Work item owner.
- moves the work item to OU304300
- incoming work item type is ‘NMW Penalty’
- associates the work item to C/W Miscellaneous worklist
- sets a next action ‘New’
- next action date ‘today’.