Debt and return pursuit: CIS: tracing and RLS issues
If there are only CIS work items outstanding IDMS automatically moves work items to the C/W RLS worklist of the office that owns the record and sets a next action of REVIEW and a B/F date of TODAY when either:
- the RLS signal is set against all of the following addresses
there is no address shown in any of the following address fields:
- CIS address
- a new ‘clean’ work item is received either with the RLS signal set against all the above addresses or there is no address in the relevant fields.
You should review the C/W RLS worklist and after carrying out the checks to confirm no other addresses are available:
- record an appropriate note on ACTION HISTORY
- set a next action of REVIEW
- set the B/F date to today’s date
transfer the IDMS record at Taxpayer level to the relevant Tracing Unit of associated Accounts Office:
- Shipley 397101
- Cumbernauld 397001.
The Tracing Unit will retain ownership of the IDMS record until an address is traced.