Debt and return pursuit: CIS: end of year process: identifying errors on returns
When you have checked the end of year tab and identified that the return is not finalised it may be that there is an error on the return.
On the Returns tab:
- select the return by selecting the check box
- select ‘Return details’ button
- check the subcontractor ‘Total deducted field’.
If this shows an unreadable field, you will see XXXX instead of the amount.
If the contractor has included a minus figure (this is also classed as an unacceptable field), you will see the minus figure.
The CIS Team in Newry will hold an exception for these returns and will correct the error.
If you identify an error on the return
If the scheme is for less than 25 subcontractors and the correction is straightforward, ask the contractor to ring the CIS Helpline 0300 200 3210.
If the scheme has 25 subcontractors (a large scheme) or the corrections are complex, ask the contractor to write to CIS Team in Newry at
Carnbane Industrial Estate
If we already have details in writing, forward this to the CIS Team in Newry by WAM.
- use RECORD ACTIONS to record for example Tele Call/Correspondence/Clerical
- select Other
- make a Further Information note
- set a new B/F date for 14 days later
When the correction has been processed on CIS, IDMS will receive an update.