Debt and return pursuit: CIS: end of year process: identifying finalised and un-finalised returns
Identifying finalised and un-finalised returns
If the CIS status indicator is shown as Provisional on BROCS or the CIS end of year tab and you need to identify the months that are un-finalised.
From the CIS Main Menu
- select View CIS Customer.
You will see the Scheme Details window. From the top of this window
- select EOY Totals tab
- select a tax year.
You can now see a list of the returns months un-finalised at the top of the screen.
If you need to know more details about why the return has not been finalised
- select the details tab.
At the top of the screen you will see the signal ‘Missing return action’ this tells you that there is a missing return on this CIS scheme however this is only an indicator for you as it may not apply to the year or return you wish to check.
For individual return details
- select the returns tab.
You will see a list of all returns received.
If you wish to select a particular CIS returns period
- select the appropriate month and year in the ‘Period Starting’
- select the appropriate ‘Period Ending’ from the drop down lists
- select filter.
You will see a list of the returns received within your filter criteria.
If the returns listed as un-finalised on the end of year tab are shown on the list of returns received this must mean either
- the return has been logged but not captured
- there are exceptions working on CIS that may impact on the total tax deducted, for example where an amount on a return is unreadable / multiple returns received.