Debt and return pursuit: CIS: end of year process: how to deal with discrepancies
CIS EOY discrepancies and queries
To deal with queries you will need to check and agree the end of year figures which will involve checking
- the end of year details on BROCS
- CIS records.
What checks are involved
Agreeing the end of year figures on CIS may involve a series of checks. These may include
- checking the end of year totals deducted and status indicator on CIS
- identifying finalised and un-finalised returns (returns that are causing the final EOY figure to retain it’s ‘provisional’ status such as outstanding returns, logged but not captured returns or exceptions)
- identifying effective returns
- checking the details included on the effective return for each individual month and subcontractor on CIS
- identify returns working with the CIS Unit as exceptions
- viewing and setting the exemption signal if returns are not required.