CIS: Verification procedures in DMB: Initial action on receipt
Initial action on receipt
If you receive a case
- consider the information available in the case papers
- review the case as a whole and determine if any other liability is outstanding for example SA
- make contact with the contractor to obtain further information
- decide whether or not credit for the deductions shown on the payment and deduction statement or other evidence may be confirmed
- calculate the amount (if any) of the contractor’s liability
- obtain payment of all outstanding duties and
- obtain any missing monthly returns.
You should ensure
- your action follows on from, rather than duplicates, any action already taken by the CIT and subcontractor’s processing office
- efforts to resolve the matter with the contractor are persistent and thorough, and
- a tight B/F is maintained throughout, to avoid unnecessary delay.