Debt and return pursuit: CIS: contractor's response: request for pre-populated monthly returns
Issuing a pre-populated contractor return.
To issue a pre-populated return:
- log onto New CIS
- authenticate the customer (DMBM524080)
- choose ‘Issue pre-populated return’ on the menu.
The ‘Request Replacement Pre-Populated contractor return’ window will appear.
- Choose from the drop-down menu the reason why a replacement is required.
Choose from the drop-down menu the address type (the window will show the address attributed to that type):
- HMRC Base is the contractor’s preferred address for this scheme
- HMRC CIS Communications is the contractor’s communication address
- Agent - for use when an authorised agent is authorised to receive contractor returns.
- Confirm the address where the return will be sent.
Once the address is established:
- enter the Period Ending the return is required
- select [OK].
Address not shown
If the address is not one of those shown:
- select UPDATE CUSTOMER and follow the guidance in Update customer e-learning
- select ‘Request Replacement Pre-Populated Contractor Return’ as above
- follow the guidance shown above.
Confirmation of issue
A confirmation window will be show that a return will be issued and for what period.
Note: If you encounter any problems in issuing the replacement CIS return, ask the customer to phone the CIS Helpline on 0300 200 3210.