Debt and return pursuit: PAYE: E-payment surcharge appeals: Initial actions on receipt of an appeal
You should normally carry out these activities on the day of receipt
- date stamp the front of the appeal to confirm date of receipt
- set the surcharge appeal signal using BROCS VIEW TAXPAYER ASA SS (format 1)
- review the case papers to confirm you have sufficient information on which to base a decision
- issue the letter PAYE212 suitably amended and
- make a note on IDMS Action History.
Make note in the acknowledgement column on the MIS spreadsheet.