Annual Balance: Debt Pursuit Offices: Checking Balance forms: 45K series of forms
All the balance forms contain formulas and because they are password protected, figures can only be entered in certain fields.
When you have completed the forms
- check that the Grand Total ‘Charge’ agrees the Grand Total ‘Satisfaction of Charge’.
45K(Costs) (England, Wales and Northern Ireland)
Unless the entry at item 2b on form 45K(Costs) is nil
- check that the total of entries on forms 17A agrees the total of item 2(b)
- confirm that item 12 Summary Proceedings, item 12 County Court proceedings and item 13 Distraint Costs agree the figures in column 3 Section 2 of 45E(Short).
- Check that items 7(a) to (d) agree the figures in column 3 Section 2 of 45E (Short).
- Check that items 12(a), (b), (d) and (e) agree Section 1 form 45E (Short)
- make sure that items 5 and 12(c) agree the entries in column 3 Section 2 of 45E (Short)
- check that the sum of items 4(a) to (c) plus 6 equals the overpayments entry in column 3 Section 3 of 45E (Short).
As a cross check to form 45E (Short)
machine list the following items from the 45K(IT) (Short)
- item 11
- plus the total of items 12(a) to 12(f)
- less 12(c)
- plus or minus as appropriate any balance discrepancy at item 7-10 (DMBM231460); plus entries at 7-10 of 45K(IT)(Short) should be taken as minus and vice versa
- agree the total to the Income Tax in Section 2 column 3 of the form 45E(Short)
- head the machine list suitably and attach it to form 45E(Short).