Annual Balance: Debt Pursuit Offices: Completing Balance Statements: Resolving a discrepancy
Where the totals do not agree
make checks in the order listed below until the discrepancy is resolved
- check the entry of figures on the 45E against their various sources
- verify all adjustments made to the CAROL final Account Accumulations totals
- compare the machine list totals of payments from the lists with the 45E (Short) figures
- check all corrections or alterations to the machined lists of payment vouchers.
If there is still a discrepancy, beginning with the heads of duty for which columns 1 and 3 of the 45E (Short) do not agree
- read the machine lists of payment vouchers to the payment postings in each balance unit. If this has already been partially done to resolve earlier discrepancies, continue to the end of the balance unit.
If the discrepancy is still not resolved
- report the details to your Group Office.
Your Group Office
- will tell you whether or not to continue trying to find the discrepancy.