Annual Balance: Debt Pursuit Offices: Balancing payments received for an by other offices: Reconciling amounts received for BROCS NRB and IRIS INP201
To reconcile the amounts received for BROCS NRB and IRIS INP201 only, at the close of the Account both Cumbernauld and Shipley will send you a list of all NRB and INP201 inputs on a single list.
Each transaction will usually appear as one figure, with NRB in one block and INP201 in another block.
The grand total includes the totals of both inputs together.
When you receive the list
- accept the totals as correct
- agree the grand totals on the list to the totals of 1a (i) plus (ii) and 1b (i) plus (ii) on form C117F.
If they do not agree
- check the NRB and INP201 entries against the payment vouchers.
You can distinguish the NRB from the INP201 entries by the consecutive number. BROCS NRB entries show the NRB consecutive number, and IRIS INP201 entries show the IRIS identifier.
If you find a discrepancy
- check the amount against the entry on the NRB acknowledgement or INP201 Control List.
Acknowledgement total agrees the amount on the list
If the amount of the acknowledgement total agrees with the total on the list
- check the machine list of acknowledgments prepared as at DMBM231320 and the payment voucher
- amend the totals on forms 45E and 45K(IT) as necessary.
Acknowledgement total does not agree the amount on the list
If an amount on the list does not agree with the amount on the NRB acknowledgement or the corresponding entry on the INP201 control list
- telephone the Revenue Losses and Balance team, DMOS, Shipley (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) for advice.