Annual Balance: Debt Pursuit Offices: Stages of Balance
The Annual Balance is completed in stages.
The preliminary work involves
- reading in vouchers
- calculating outstanding amounts
- machining vouchers, postings and outstanding items
- a preliminary check of overpayments and agreeing repayments.
You should agree
- Law Costs
- uncleared overpayments
- payments received ‘for’ and ‘by’ other offices (RFOC/RBOC).
Summaries and Statements
- reconcile the CAROL final Account Accumulation totals.
- complete and send Balance statements to Group Office.
New Accounting Records
- agree and complete Law Costs records for the new Account
- create a new record of non chargeable costs.