Scottish Sharefisherman (SSF): Repayment requests
Repayment requests from SSF scheme members are normally handled by Peterhead. DMB Banking can also arrange repayments but only through the use of OAS.
Note: A Sharefisherman can only obtain a repayment after the January transfer.
A repayment is only made if
- the customer requests repayment and the request is made after the January transfer
- the customer has submitted a return for the year ending in April the previous year and the return has been captured, and
- the SA record is in credit after clearing any non-SA arrearsIf a repayment claim is received following the July transfer an overpayment can be re-credited to the SSF account with the bank but only after checking there are no pre-SA arrears.
Important: An overpayment on an SA record following the July transfer is not to be repaid.
To deal with a repayment request follow the steps below.
Request received after January transfer
- Confirm that the return for the year ending in April the previous year has been logged and captured as follows
* use function MAINTAIN RETURN SUMMARY to check if there is an entry in the Date of Receipt field to indicate the return is logged * if a Date of Receipt is shown the availability of a [VIEW] button indicates that the return has been captured
Where the return is logged but not captured arrange for the return to be captured as soon as possible
If the return is not logged advise the customer that you cannot consider making a repayment until the return has been submitted
Where the return has been captured use function VIEW STATEMENT to confirm that there is a credit balance on the SA record and check whether there are any collectible pre-SA arrears
If there are any collectible pre-SA arrears, use function TRANSFER FROM OVERPAID BALANCE to transfer as much of the SA overpayment as you need to set against the arrears
Provide DMB Banking OAS section with advice about disposal of the payment you have transferred to OAS
Peterhead staff should use function ISSUE REPAYMENT FROM OVERPAID BALANCE to repay any credit balance remaining after set-off against arrears
DMB Banking staff should use function TRANSFER FROM OVERPAID BALANCE to transfer any credit balance remaining after set-off against arrears, to OAS for repayment. You should combine steps 5 and 8 and make one transfer and prepare one set of disposal instructions, step 6
Tell the customer how you are dealing with the SA overpayment and explain if all or part of the overpayment is being set against pre-SA arrears
Request received after July transfer
Follow steps 1 to 6 above except that when you take steps 5 and 6, combine this action with step 11 below
Use function TRANSFER FROM OVERPAID BALANCE to transfer any credit balance remaining after set-off against arrears, to OAS for re-credit to the SSF account with the Bank of Scotland. You should combine steps 5 and 12 and make one transfer and prepare one set of disposal instructions, step 6
Tell the customer how you are dealing with the SA overpayment and explain if all or part of the overpayment is being set against pre-SA arrears. If a repayment has been requested, explain that you cannot make a repayment following the July transfer.
Important: Do not repay any amount collected in the July transfer to the Sharefisherman or his agent