Roles and responsibilities: Units of Expertise (UoE)
Units of Expertise have a key role in providing support for CDSP policy team and co-ordination of special procedures assurance.
The UE are responsible for:
- providing advice and information on good operational practice
- assistance in the areas of training and guidance
- assurance on the integrity of the procedure
- providing technical assistance to CDSP
- monitoring applications for retrospective authorisation to ensure rules are being correctly applied and maintaining a database of applications
- co-ordinating the preparation and issue of authorisations involving more than one Member State (formerly known as a Single Union Authorisation).
(This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)