CITEX officers operational process: penalty notice: issuing a penalty notice: completing a penalty notice (C31)
THIS GUIDANCE IS FOR CITEX OFFICERS ONLY
You should only prepare a penalty notice once you have completed the CPAC, see CCPG27220.
You should record the following details on the first page of the notice:
- the trader details
- senior person within the company, Company Secretary or Managing Director
- the postal address where the contravention occurred if part of a larger business or the company has various offices
- remember to also send a copy to the principal place of business
- their EORI number
- date of issue
- CCP ref no
- reason code
- type of contravention, for example, poor compliance.
Within the Descriptions box record:
- the date of your intervention
- the period of the contravention
- a brief overview of the contravention (s) identified and
- the detail of the legislation contravened (remember to provide the full detail of the legislation as opposed to the abbreviations - for example, Articles 62 and 77 of Council Regulation 2913/92/EEC as opposed to Articles 62 and 77 of the Code). See Appendix 1 for example wording.
On the second page fill in:
- the CCP Ref
- date of Issue
- issuing officer
- company name
- EORI Number
- full detail of the contraventions identified
- the explanation offered by the trader for these contraventions
- the recommended corrective steps they need to take to improve compliance
- details and calculation of the penalty to be issued see CCPG27320
- details and calculation of any mitigation given see CCPG30420, CCPG30430, CCPG30440. Ensure the penalty is fair and proportionate, see CCPG11810
- the date the RTBH was issued CCPG11500
- details of the trader’s response, if any, to the RTBH CCPG27310
- details of any further mitigation given CCPG30450
- the recommended steps they need to improve compliance.