CITEX operational process: penalty notice: authorisation of penalties: sending a request for authorisation
THIS GUIDANCE IS FOR CITEX OFFICERS ONLY
Once you have made all your decisions about CCP Action, you must seek authorisation from an Authorising officer about
- your decision to issue or not to issue a penalty notice and
- any decision you have made about reasonable excuse and
- the amount of the penalty and
- the amount of any mitigation allowed against the penalty amount.
You should ensure that you provide the Authorising officer with
- a draft of your penalty notice,
- an explanation of the circumstances of the contravention concerned and
- any relevant evidence/ information that supports your decision(s).
They should authorise your decision on the CITEX Penalty Action Checklist (CPAC).