CITEX officers operational process: warning letter: sending a request for authorisation
THIS GUIDANCE IS FOR CITEX OFFICERS ONLY
Once you have made all your decisions about CCP action, you must seek authorisation from an Authorising officer about
- your decision to issue or not to issue a Civil Penalty Warning Letter (CPWL) and
- any decision you have made about reasonable excuse.
You should ensure that you provide the Authorising officer with
- a draft of your CPWL (if you have decided to issue one),
- an explanation of the circumstances of the contravention concerned
- any relevant evidence/ information that supports your decision(s) and
- a CITEX Penalty Action Checklist (CPAC).