HMRC roles: role of other teams
Customs Directorate regime policy teams
- provide regime policy background to CPOs, TALA, LC, LBS, UKBF, CCMs, CCP Technical and Policy team, and SOLS teams
- advise when courses of action or sanctions other than penalties may be appropriate, for example, varying an authorisation
Tax Admin Directorate (TAD) Teams
- provides policy and technical advice to CPLO, Compliance officers, CPOs, CCMs and SOLS team
- ensures that Manuals - technical guidance, Web pages, Public Notice, learning and templates are up to date
- maintains the civil penalty framework for contraventions of customs law, and (with EEC) updates legislation where necessary.
- to contact the Tax Admin directorate for Technical help, see CH910000
Compliance Operational Process & Systems (COPS)
- provide operational advice to Compliance officers, CPOs, TAD and regime owners
- maintains the operational guidance within the CCP Manual
- consider all requests for authorisation to operate a facility, for example a Customs Warehouse, or to use a particular regime, for example IP
- do compliance checks to make sure the trader is complying with the terms and conditions of the Authorisation
- amend and revoke authorisations where necessary.
CITEX SOLS Team
This team deals with all Reviews and Appeals (A&R) for Customs CPWLs and penalties issued by HMRC staff.
Note: Any reviews and appeals for CPWLs and penalty notices issued by UKBF will be dealt with by UKBF A&R teams.