HMRC roles: role of Customs Civil Penalty (CCP) Network
Customs Civil Penalty (CCP) Network role is to
- keep details of previous CCP action
- provide details of previous CCP action for Border Force. Note: CITEX officers can check CCP spreadsheets in the CITEX CAF.
- allocate non-CITEX cases to a Civil Penalty Officer (CPO)
- provide a unique CCP Reference number for use with Civil Penalty Warning Letters CPWLs) and penalty notices
- progress queries relating to payments or non-payments by liaising with NPU, Chief Accounting or DMB
- liaise with operational and technical policy areas
- provide statistics, monitor workloads, answer queries, offer guidance
- help find solutions to problems being experienced by any business or individual with any aspect of Customs Civil Penalties work.