This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

COTAX Manual

CT online services: CT online services overview: adding or changing name, address or contact details

In the ‘About your organisation’ page of the Corporation Tax Online Service, registered companies or agents acting on their behalf can view details of the current name, address and contact details HMRC hold.

You can view this information using CT View L and P (View Liabilities and Payments).

Depending on the type of organisation, companies and agents can amend some of this information through HMRC Online Services. These amendments are known as structured action requests (SARS).

Only clubs, unincorporated associations or Real Estate Investment Companies can make changes to the company name or address.

Any company or agent acting on their behalf can notify changes to:

  • the company phone / fax numbers or email address
  • the communication name, address or contact details.

Any company can also notify:

  • that a new agent is acting
  • a change of agent
  • that an agent has ceased to act.

Agents can also notify changes to their own address or contact details but not a change of their own name.