Claims / reliefs: other reliefs: S458 CTA 2010 - CT600A supplementary page
This subject is presented as follows.
If a close company has made a loan to a participator in a return period and the loan is still outstanding at the end of the period, it is required to give details by completing the CT600A supplementary page to the CT600 company tax return.
The CT600A shows the following.
In Part 1: Loans and arrangements made:
- outstanding loans and arrangements made in box A15 (A2 on version 2)
- the S455 tax chargeable on those loans in box A20 (A3 on version 2).
In Part 2: Relief for return payments and/or amounts repaid, released or written off within nine months:
- amounts repaid, released or written off after, but before nine months and one day from, the end of the return period in box A40 (A6 on version 2)
- the S458 relief due on those amounts in box A45 (A7 on version 2).
In Part 3: Relief due now for return payments and/or amounts repaid, released or written off later:
- amounts repaid, released or written off more than nine months after the end of the return period where the relief is due at the time the return is delivered in box A65)
- the S458 relief on those amounts box A70 (A11 on version 2).
Where a company claims relief under S458 because a loan has been wholly or partly repaid, released or written-off on or after the due date (Word 49KB) of the AP in which the loan was made, the relief is deferred under S458(5) until the normal due date for the AP in which the repayment, release or write-off takes place. The company should only make entries in boxes A65 (A10) and A70 (A11) if relief is due at the time the return is delivered.
The company must enter the net S455 tax payable at box A80 (A13 in version 2) and that figure is copied to box 480 (79) on the CT600 return.
If the company has made an entry in box A70 (A11), it must put an ’X’ in box 485 (80) of the CT600.
Processing the return
If the return is submitted through the CT Online Service
The case is listed on:
- EFRL (E-Filed Return List) to review the supplementary page if box 485 (80 on version 2) is not completed or
- RSAW (Record SA List) if the self assessment has not been automatically recorded because box 485 (80) has been completed.
If, exceptionally, the return is submitted on paper
The Clerical Caseworker uses function CRTN (Capture Rest of Return) to capture the return figures. For more information see COM132000 onwards.
If there is no entry in box 485 (80), COTAX allows the Clerical Caseworker to record the self assessment with function CRTN.
If there is an ‘X’ in box 485 (80), COTAX prevents the Clerical Caseworker recording the self assessment with function CRTN. See Example 6 (Word 81KB).
COTAX treats the ‘X’ in box 485 (80) as evidence that a figure in the return has been stated net after a carry-back. It puts the case on the Record Self Assessment Work List (RSAW) and gives that as the reason for inhibiting the clerical recording of the self assessment. The CT Co-ordinator then uses function RAMA (Record / Amend Assessment) to deal with the S455.