Case records: agents: functions
The table below tells you the function or functions to use in particular situations.
For details of how to access any of the COTAX functions select Index of Functions on the left of the screen.
|To enter or amend the name and address of an:|
agent of a non-resident company. ACAP (Add / Amend Capacity Details) To:
- enter or amend a new or change of agent, client reference or period of responsibility
- show that an agent no longer acts for the company
- set the 64-8 received signal
- inhibit the agent from submitting online returns by changing the ‘internet access to company’ from ‘Y’ to ‘I’.
Where appropriate, you must notify other systems of the new or amended details.
|All Welsh language cases are currently dealt with by the CT Section in South Wales Area under the Welsh Language Scheme. If an agent requests output in Welsh, please contact the Welsh Language Contact Centre on 0300 200 1900.||AMAG (Add/Amend Agent)|
|To trace an agent and obtain the agent ID.||TRAG (Trace Agent)|
|To see details of the:|
- company name, address and contact details
- CT responsible office and Debt Management office dealing with the company
- agent acting
- communication address
- acting in capacity details
case notes. VTPR (View Taxpayer) To see details held on an agent’s record.
- The name, address, contact details and agent ID.
- The CT responsible office that owns the agent record.
- Any pending amendments.
- Any successor’s ID.
A list of the agent’s COTAX clients. VWAG (View Agent)