This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

COTAX Manual

Case records: maintaining case records: entering and amending company record details

The CT responsible office usually amends data on company records that is not received automatically from Companies House, but anybody with the appropriate functionality should keep records up to date. Remember that for a company registered at Companies House, the Registered Office address must always be the one shown on the Companies House record.

If you are in a Debt Management and Banking Office and update a record, you should advise the CT responsible office of the changes as soon as possible and forward copies of any relevant correspondence.

The ‘EiP’ signal is displayed in many update functions where there is an enquiry in progress on one or more APs. When you see this signal, refer to the caseworker before making any changes to the company record.


  • COM42041 for further information on amending data when the company is insolvent
  • COM42012 for full information on which function to use to enter or amend details held on the company record
  • COM42011 for a list of forms relevant to this subject
  • COM42012 for a list of functions to use in particular situations.