Background: Allocation of COTAX and CT Online user roles: Authorised user registered file
As Role Authoriser, you must prepare a registered file to record specific information about COTAX and CT Online Services users for the MUID you are responsible for. You can also use the file to hold the business case applications from the line managers of users in other offices.
You can hold the registered file electronically, but it must be in an appropriate Controlled Access Folder (CAF).
The file should contain a list of the following information for each COTAX or CT Online Services user.
- Pay Identity Number.
- Date authorised to use each COTAX role or each CT Online Service.
- Role, roles or CT Online Service or Services allocated.
- Date ceased to be authorised to use each COTAX role or each CT Online Service.
- Date you issued the Security Reminder (Word 47KB)
You must maintain the list to make sure it reflects:
- details of the regular reviews you carry out of users in your MUID with COTAX or CT Online roles
- details of any dispensations granted regarding potentially conflicting roles and the 6 monthly renewals.
(This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) (This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
See COM250 for detailed guidance on all COTAX user roles, including specialist roles.