Repayments / reallocations: non automatic repayments: payments of tax credits - responsible office
A company must make a claim to repayments of tax credit in its return, in or an amended return.
This applies whenever a company makes a claim to payments of tax credit. The following are examples.
- A company has surplus franked investment income that it wants to set off against trading losses or other reliefs under S242 ICTA 1988. For more information see the Company Taxation Manual at CTM16200.
- A wholly or partly exempt company claims under S231(2) ICTA 1988. For more information see CTM16130.
You can use function DSET to create the relevant posting on the AP record or records and function DIRR to process the repayment. Repayment interest may be payable.
- COM122010 for information on DSET codes
- COM125121 for a list of forms relevant to this subject
- COM125122 for legislation applying to this subject.