Repayments / reallocations: overpayments: general: viewing repayments / reallocations
Viewing a repayment
You can see details of repayments made by selecting the relevant repayment posting (REP) in function VPPD (View Payment and Posting Details). The subsequent screens display the following.
- The total amount being repaid. Where there are several postings making up the repayment COTAX makes one repayment and displays that total.
- How the repayment has been made, either to debit or credit card, by payable order or by Bacs. Where it is by Bacs, the bank details are displayed.
- Who the repayment has been made to, either the company or a nominee.
- The date the repayment was issued. This is only displayed once the repayment has been made and details updated to COTAX from the repayment system.
COTAX does not repay any cheque payment until after 14 days of receipt to allow time for the cheque to clear. These overpayments appear on work list ORUR (Overpayments Requiring Urgent Review) and are automatically repaid once the 14 days have passed.
(This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000)
Viewing a reallocations
You can see details of a reallocation by selecting the relevant reallocation ‘in’ posting (RTO) or ‘out’ posting (RFR) in function VPPD. The following details are displayed.
- Where it has been reallocated to or from OAS, the OAS number and the responsible Accounts Office. If you want to view the OAS record you should use IRIS (Word 29KB) for the appropriate Accounts Office.
- Where it has been reallocated within the same taxpayer’s record, the AP and posting number from where the payment was reallocated and the AP and posting number to which it was reallocated.
- Where it has been reallocated from another record, the UTR, AP and posting number from where it originated.
- Where it has been reallocated to another record, the UTR, AP and posting number to which the payment has been moved.