Pursuit: pursuit work lists: cases working clerically list (LCWC) banking operations (Action Guide)
To deal with cases on the ‘Cases Working Clerically List’ in Banking Operations consider steps 1 - 19 below. The guide is presented as follows
|Cases made RFI manually||Steps 1 - 5|
|Cases made RFI automatically||Steps 6 - 8|
|AP is underpaid and informal discharge is present||Steps 9 - 10|
|AP is underpaid and suspension present||Steps 11 - 14|
|AP is underpaid and remission is present||Steps 15 - 16|
|AP is underpaid and late payment interest requires calculation||Steps 17 - 19|
Cases made RFI manually
- Immediately you make the case RFI using Function RAPP (Revise AP Pursuit) select the case on the LCWC (Cases Working Clerically List) work list and use the [B/F] button to enter:
- a B/F date (up to a maximum of 60 days)
- your initials or section identifier in the B/F Note field.
Note: An AP can be made RFI (Word 31KB) by a number of different sections within the Banking Operations office. This B/F note will enable you to filter your cases in the list.
To review a case on the LCWC work list, use the [Sort/Filter] button to filter your cases using either ‘Entry text’ which is ‘equal to’ your initials or section identifier (this is the ‘B/F’ information you entered when setting RFI to ‘Y’). Select each entry on the filtered list that you want to work.
Check the case papers and use function VPPD (View Payment and Posting Details) to determine whether the case needs to remain working clerically at the Banking Operations office.
If you choose to continue working the AP clerically at the Banking Operations office, make enquiries to establish the present position and note your actions on the case papers then repeat the action on the LCWC work list detailed at step 1.
Once it is no longer appropriate to work the case clerically at the Banking Operations Office, use function RAPP (Revise AP Pursuit) to either set Refer For Instruction to ‘N’ to resume automatic pursuit action or Refer For Instruction to ‘N’ and Local Action to ‘Y’, to refer the AP to the Debt Management Office.
Cases made RFI automatically
Use LCWC to identify cases which have been made RFI automatically by using the filter criteria of B/F date less than, and a date of at least one year ago.
From the filtered list select a case you want to view and use function VPPD (View Payment and Postings Details) to review the AP.
Identify why the case has been automatically made RFI. This is usually be because one of the following has occurred on the AP.
- The CII (Clerical Interest Indicator) has been set and the AP is either under or overpaid.
- The AP was previously cleared by a manual remission and a payment has been received making the AP overpaid.
- The AP was previously cleared by a manual remission and the tax charge has been amended making the AP either under or overpaid.
- ACT, loss carry-back or Section 419 relief has been given and the AP has become either under or overpaid.
- A suspension is present and the AP has become underpaid.
- An AP previously cleared by an informal discharge has become underpaid
AP is underpaid and informal discharge is present
- Where there is an informal discharge present, issue clerical payment applications for the outstanding amount.
10. If payment has not been received after issuing these, use function RAPP (Revise AP Pursuit) to set the RFI signal to ‘N’ and set the LA signal to ‘Y’. Use function NOTE tonote the record with the clerical actions taken.
AP is underpaid and suspension present
11. Where a suspension is present on the AP, B/F the case on the LCWC work list until the end of the suspension period.
12. At the end of the suspension period use function DPUR to check the last pursuit action taken.
13. Where the case was previously LA, use function RAPP (Revise AP Pursuit) to set the RFI signal to ‘N’ and set the LA signal to ‘Y’.
14. Where the AP was still in automatic pursuit, use function RAPP (Revise AP Pursuit) to cancel RFI and set the next payment application.
AP is underpaid and remission is present
15. Where there is a manual remission present, contact the Debt Management Office that created the remission and ask them to cancel the posting. Follow step 2 to create a B/F date and note.
16. Once the remission has been cancelled use function RAPP (Revise AP Pursuit) to cancel RFI and allow COTAX to automatically issue payment applications.
AP is underpaid and late payment interest requires calculation
17. Where late payment interest requires manual calculation use function RMIC (Raise Manual Interest Charge) to calculate and raise the interest charge. For further details on how to manually calculate late payment interest see COM80000.
18. Where an underpayment exists after the interest charge has been raised use function RAPP (Revise AP Pursuit) to either set Refer For Instruction (RFI) to ‘N’ to resume automatic pursuit or Refer For Instruction (RFI) to ‘N’ and Local Action to ‘Y’, to refer the AP to the Debt Management Office.
19. Where an overpayment exists after the interest charge has been raised contact the office responsible for the overpayment to arrange for repayment / reallocation of the overpayment.