Appeals: handling appeals and postponements: informal standover in responsible CT office (Action Guide)
To update a COTAX record in respect of an informal standover, consider steps 1 - 4 below.
Once an informal standover has been recorded on COTAX it must be actively managed. See COM10120 for further guidance on what this means and the actions you must take.
The guide is presented as follows.
|Record, cancel or amend an informal standover||Steps 1 - 3|
|Informal standover of penalties made in error||Step 4|
Record, cancel or amend an informal standover
1. Use function HAPP (Handle Appeal).
2. Select the [Inf SO] button
- record an informal standover, enter an amount in the ‘informal standover’ field
- cancel an informal standover enter 0.00 in the ‘informal standover’ field
- amend an informal standover, enter the amended amount in the ‘informal standover’ field.
Informal standover of penalties made in error
4. If an informal standover was entered in error when an appeal was recorded against a penalty determination and the caseworker has notamended the penalty determination because it is correct in the figures charged:
- use function HAPP to change the appeal status from ‘Open’ to ‘By agreement’ or ‘By determination’ as appropriate
- enter ‘0.00’ in the ‘informal standover’ field.
If the caseworker has amended the determination using PPEN (Prepare Penalty Determination), the automatic settlement of the appeal cancels the informal standover.