Intangible assets excluded from Schedule 29 as special tax rules apply: election in respect of capital expenditure on computer software: computational consequences
On the election described in CIRD25180 the following provisions of Parts 2 to 4 of Schedule 29 continue to apply:
- paragraph 14 (receipts recognised as they accrue) - except to the extent they are recognised under CAA01/S72 (CA23420),
- paragraph 12 (debits on reversal of previous accounting gain) - but only to the extent the accounting gains represent credits brought to account under paragraph 14,
- all the provisions in Part 4 (realisation of intangible assets) except that:
- credits are only to be brought into account to the extent that they are not brought to account as disposal values under CAA01/S72, and
- no deductions are to be made from receipts on the realisation of the asset under paragraphs 20 or 21 (because they are relievable under the capital allowances rules).
The other provisions in Parts 2 to 4 of Schedule 29 do not apply.