Procedures in NIC&EO PAYE Employer Office, Longbenton: contacting the contractor
You will on occasions need to make telephone contact with a contractor to correct exceptions. To view the contractor contact details you should
- enter the contractor reference on the ‘Identify Customer’ window
- select ‘Customer’ from the Contact drop down list
- select ‘Phone (Outbound)’ from the Channel drop down list
- select ‘OK’.
You will now see the ‘Authenticate’ window. This window displays the phone numbers for all available addresses for the customer.
- Keep this window open whilst you dial the contact number.
Once contact has been made
- the authentication process can be completed as in CISR20000.