Procedures in NIC&EO PAYE Employer Office, Longbenton: bulk verification requests from processing offices
Processing offices will deal with written verification requests for ten subcontractors and under. If they receive written bulk verifications, they will fax the request to the NIC&EO Longbenton. It is expected that volumes of this area of work will be very low.
Note: You will not receive a work item on PEGA for these cases. You should
- date-stamp the date of receipt on the back of the fax
- phone the contractor and carry out the verification process
advise the contractor that a quicker method of carrying out the verification process would be to
- phone the CIS Helpline on 0300 200 3210, or
- use the online facility.
In the unlikely event that a fax is received from the processing office requesting verification for less than 11 items you should
- phone the processing office and explain that NIC&EO only deals with bulk verifications for 11 subcontractors or more.
- return the fax to the processing office for them to complete the verification process.