Office Manager Guide: Welsh Contact Centre
Tasks undertaken by this teamMembers of this team, based in Porthmadog, are responsible for assisting Welsh speaking contractors and subcontractors with their CIS affairs. This means that, potentially, they undertake the full range of CIS activities from subcontractor registration, through verification, manual capture of returns and return corrections. They also handle exception work, which for other customers is carried out by the CIS Centre at Newry.
CISR user roles required by this teamOn the Welsh Contact Centre team staff should be allocated the CISR Processor role. This allows them to deal with the following CIS tasks when a customer wishes to communicate in Welsh
- identification of customers and authentication of contacts
- subcontractor registrations
- subcontractor verifications
- updates to both contractor and subcontractor information
- manual log and capture returns
- corrections to returnsStaff dealing with returns work when language is an issue will have the
CISR Returns Exception Handler role.
To carry out some or all of these tasks a team member may need to view a customer’s CIS record. They may also need to view or check details of previous contacts with the customer (or customer’s representative).