Compliance: Download CISR data to an Excel spreadsheet
|CISR84600||Action Guide contents|
This paragraph gives an overview of a new facility available from 6April 2009 to download certain CISR data to an Excel spreadsheet. Data can be downloaded from any function where CIS data for a contractor or subcontractor is held that can span several pages. The windows involved are
* Payments to subcontractor * Verifications * Return Periods (displaying all the monthly returns received) * Return Details (displaying the payments made to subcontractors on a particular monthly return) * Scheme Verifications * Penalties
Note; you should not however use the download function for cases where there is less than 25 separate lines of information, instead you should use the ‘copy’ and ‘paste’ facility instead to transfer the information into an Excel spreadsheet.
When a download is requested the Excel spreadsheet will be populated with certain designatory information such as
- either the UTR or AO reference of the subcontractor or contractor as shown by CISR,
- title of the download,
- date and time of the download,
- details of any filters applied to the data (for example, information in a particular date range),
- total number of records downloaded, and
- column headings that appear on the CIS windows from which the data is being downloaded.
The Excel spreadsheet will format the columns to fit the width of the data as displayed in CISR, and will also show the column headings in bold type. Where the downloaded data exceeds the maximum number of rows for a single Excel spreadsheet, additional Excel spreadsheets will automatically be created displaying the overflow data. An Action guide at CISR84660 tells you how to use this download function.
Important note: the security of any data you have downloaded is your responsibility at all times. Please ensure that you follow the procedures set out in the Data Security handbook to ensure the security of this information.