Monthly Returns and the End of Year (EOY) Process: Resend End of Year totals
This Action Guide outlines the process involved when an operator wishes to resend the End of Year totals for a CIS scheme and tax year. With the introduction of ETMP from 6 April 2013 the CIS EOY Process no longer exists as the charges from captured CIS Monthly Returns for the tax years 2013-14 onwards will be passed to ETMP by an overnight process.
The guidance contained in this chapter therefore relates to the tax years up to and including 2012-13 only. This work for years up to and including 2012-13 is generally carried out by the CIS Centre Newry. Staff will need to hold the CISR Processor, CISR Pursuit Manager or CISR BHD Advisor roles to access this function.
Authentication is not a requirement to access this function from the Identify Customer window enter the UTR/AO reference and ‘Internal Enquiry’ as the ‘Contact’ then select [OK]. From the CIS Main Menu window;
- Select the required contractor scheme
- Select ‘Resend End of Year Totals’ function from the menu.
To the left of this window are the contractor’s name, UTR and Nino, with the scheme name and AO reference recorded along the top.
Below this is a list box of all the tax years up to and including 2012-13 (showing the tax year ‘start’ and ‘end’ dates) for which End of Year totals have previously been sent to BROCS. The window visible will reveal up to six preceding tax years. If you wish to view other years than those shown you should select the ‘next’ page numbers below the list of tax years, or by selecting the ‘Start’ or ‘End’ title will also display for you the years in ascending or descending order.
- Identify the tax year that you wish to resend the End of Year totals for by selecting the check box alongside the relevant year. You can select more than one year to resend multiple EOY totals in one session, if necessary.
- Select ‘Resend’ to confirm the changes made. You will be returned to the CIS Main Menu.
- Selecting ‘Cancel’ will return you to the Main Menu but without ‘Re-sending’ the CIS EOY total for the year you selected.
If no EOY Totals exist for the scheme an error message in red ink “No End of Year totals for the scheme” will be displayed at the top of the window.
On selecting ‘Resend’ the system will retrieve the latest EOY total and status indicator for the tax year selected. It will then inform BROCS of the total CIS deductions, the status of the total (‘Inactive’, ‘Full’ or ‘Provisional’), and will indicate that this figure is being sent as a ‘Resend’.