Monthly Return: Rapid Data Capture (RDC) guidance: Partial capture of a contractor's return and later retrieval
|CISR68000||Information guide contents|
How to partially capture a contractor’s monthly return
It is only possible to partially capture a contractor’s monthly return when using the ‘long route’ to capture that return. See CISR68700 for further details of this process.
If, when using the ‘long route’, you cannot complete the log and capture process, a return can be partially captured as described below:-
On the ‘Payment Details’ and ‘Confirm Details’ windows
The user can ‘save’ the partially completed return whilst entering subcontractor details at any point prior to selecting the [OK] button on these windows. To do so, the [Save Partial] button must be selected. This enables the user to come back tothe partially captured return at a later date.
Retrieving a partially captured contractor’s return
From the ‘Identify Customer Window’
- Select the [Paper Log and Capture] button. This takes you to the ‘Return Details’ window.
- Enter the AO Reference.
- Enter the Return Period.
- Enter the UTR.
- Change the ‘Date of Receipt’ where necessary. (It will be pre-populated with today’s date.)
- Select ‘Type of Return: Pre-populated or Manual’.
- Select the [Log & Capture] button or [Nil Return] button. This takes you to the ‘Return Details’ window which displays a message saying, ‘A return for this period has already been logged / partially captured.’
- Select the [Continue Capture] button. This takes you to the window that you were in when the [Save Partial] button was selected.